A village is a clustered human settlement or community, larger than a hamlet but smaller than a town, with a population ranging from a few hundred to a few thousand. Though villages are often located in rural areas, the term urban village is also applied to certain urban neighborhoods. Villages are normally permanent, with fixed dwellings; however, transient villages can occur. Further, the dwellings of a village are fairly close to one another, not scattered broadly over the landscape, as a dispersed settlement.
Some of the ways to develop villages:
Educate farmers about the use of Technology:
- Make reservoirs around village covered with solar panels.
- Use the electricity generated from solar panels to give irrigation facilities to crops
- Use drip irrigation, it saves on water all well as it controls the growth of weeds. Makes the crop more productive.
- Save water by building water conversation tanks in homes.
Set up education institutes:
- Inspire new generation to become entrepreneurs, start something in the village, generate revenue and make progress.
- Teach them the art of giving and sharing.
- Grow more trees, build lakes and set up a proper drainage system.
- Help the village be clean and green by organizing a gathering every week to clean the village.
Source: Quora – Ritesh Kedar
We are planning to make a society to be self-supportive in all respect through proper and meaningful utilization of available resources by empowering the rural poor’s potential and enhancing the growth of the village.